This is the step where you get to combine everything you have learned so far:
- Your database is up and running
- You've started the process of creating your Image or maybe even have it all ready to go (logo and all)
- You've identified your Target Market/Markets
- You have a clear idea of the Resources you have available
- You have chosen a few marketing activities you want to include in your initial plan
There are four areas of activity in the plan of action outline. If you are using a data management system you will be able to set up specific activity series' that you can link directly to the contacts in your database. That puts and end to not knowing what to do on Monday morning.
- Building your database ~These are the activities you do to/with/for people before they say "yes".
- Developing your customers ~These are the activities you do to/with/for people who say "yes" to your products.
- Developing your referral sources ~These are the activities you do to/with/for people who have access to people who are likely to be your target markets.
- Developing your business partners ~These are the activities you do to/with/for people who say "yes" to the business.
For each activity you do, you will want to know 5 things:
- Who are you going to do it to/with/for
- How often and when are you going to do it
- What is your objective
- What tools do you need to do it
- What's next
Do the things you love to do. Reach out in ways that work with your personality, gifts and talents. Not every activity is right for every person.
NEXT: Step 5 >>>